[nabs-l] Blind Teachers

jonathan franks franks.jonathan13 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 04:05:28 UTC 2012

I am looking to be a teacher of children with special needs. I am
completely blind myself, I have experience with working with blind
adults as well as blind children from the ages of 5-18, one challenge
I have faced, is that you have to pay close attention to the children,
since you cannot see what they are doing, you have to be very alert,
in case they may hurt themselves or are horsing around, one suggestion
is getting a teacher's aid with sight, that can help monitor the
classroom while you teach. I am in college in hopes of obtaining a
degree to teach children with special needs, I am only taking my
basics right now, but I hope this little advice I have given can be
beneficial. Take care.