[nabs-l] a question about getting lost

SA Mobile loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue Feb 28 01:57:07 UTC 2012

Vejas,

Being temporarily disoriented is perfectly fine. The sighted are disoriented sometimes, but they feel confident that they can get the information they need to find their way just as you do. The problem is that the sighted think that our information gathering, especially tactile exploration, is a helpless groping wheras sight is always more effective. They respond their sense of imagined helplessness by projecting it onto us. That's probably why your aide gets upset.

Respectfully,
Jedi

Sent from my iPhone