[nabs-l] Seems we lost an ally

Antonio Guimaraes freethaught at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 01:35:04 UTC 2012

Dear NABS members,

It is more than obvious to me that the new Learning Ally download
features fall short of offering blind screen reader users the services
we've come to know in previous years.

Today I experienced at least an hour of frustrations trying to use their
new and improved program for downloads. I have listened to their You
Tube video explaining the process, and then reached out to people like
you for some feedback.

There are several reports that blind readers can not use Learning Ally's
download features.

I am not a happy scholar. I am writing to find out if you too have come
up against issues with the download service.

The NABS division and its membership should not accept lack of access
from an organization that has long been at the forefront in providing
access to recorded texts for blind users.

Your experience will only help confirm some of the reported issues, and
hopefully result in rectifying what must certainly be an oversight on
Learning Ally's part.

Sincerely,

Antonio Guimaraes