[nabs-l] learning ally questions

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 00:49:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,
So I was trying this out. I wanted to see about downloading books. When I logged in, I realized things are so different now. Before you logged in, searched for a book, and selected your prefered format: DT which was a cd version, DL or WMA format. Then you checked out if you did not want to add more to the shopping cart. Currently, Now when I search for a book, no options like that exist. Instead of  ordering it there and they used to send you a link to download books, now it’s the bookshelf.
It said

Downloadable copies of the titles listed are available by simply selecting the option: "Add to Bookshelf".

For a CD version of your chosen titles, proceed to check out by selecting the option: "Order CD Now".

Okay, so no more emailed links. Question though.

When you click add to bookshelf, its there, but in what format.

When I went to bookshelf after downloading the manager, I just saw the title of the book.

Questions.

1. it says

Choose the books you want to hear and then select Download & Listen.

The enhanced BookShelf has been specially designed for compatibility with our new Learning Ally Audiobook Manager.

So do they put the book in the manager automatically?

2.  Can you still use WMA format and use windows media player?

3. I guess the actual download link is inaccessible. Once you download it, is it in one big file or parts?

4. Will I need to unzip the file?

I’m very confused about their new setup. It appears that once you click add to bookshelf, books are in that bookshelf. But no confirmation is given or anything like that to let you know you successfully searched and added that book.

Then I have no clue how to actually listen to the book. Do you have to be online to listen?

Ashley