[nabs-l] Fwd: 2012 NFB Scholarship Program is online

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 03:03:02 UTC 2012

Dear College Students:

Are you legally blind and will you be a full-time college student
attending the fall 2012 semester in the United States or Puerto Rico?
The National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program Application
Form is online at
www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships> along with
all rules for eligibility, the complete list of requirements for a
completed packet, and additional information. (A print application
form is available upon request.)

Our Scholarships:
  1 for $12,000
  1 for $10,000
  2 for $7,000 each
  4 for $5,000 each
22 for $3,000 each
plus additional gifts to each winner

The deadline to submit the application form and all required support
documents is three months away-March 31, 2012-so there is still plenty
of time, especially if you have the other required documents ready to
upload from your computer to the online application form.

We prefer DOC, DOCX, and RTF file formats, though we accept PDF. We
prefer PDF for school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.  We also accept
documents via mail or as attachments to an email.

Students, it is never too early to begin to assemble your documents.
Please read the details on the 2012 program right now by going to our
website at www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>.
The "Submission Checklist" on our website lists the full set of
requirements and the FAQ page provides additional information on what
the scholarship committee expects to find in a winning application
packet.

More good news - In addition to this national scholarship program,
many of our state affiliates have their own scholarship program for
blind students living in their state or attending college in their
state.  For contact information, go to
www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org/>, then to FAST FACTS, then tap on the
Presidents List and follow the links to your state.

Cordially,

Patti Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
       at Jernigan Place
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415
E-mail:  scholarships at nfb.org<mailto:scholarships at nfb.org>
Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>

P. S.: The deadline is March 31, 2012.