[nabs-l] from Learning Ally: new audio tutorial on downloading books

Annemarie Cooke aec732 at msn.com
Thu Jan 26 15:51:24 UTC 2012

Dear NABSters:

Based on your feedback, Learning Ally has developed a set of audio tutorials to make it easy to download LA's digital DAISY audiobooks. For  users of screen readers especially, it's like having a coach right at your side, walking you through the process. In fact, the coach is Kristen Witucki, a blind JAWS user who is  coordinator in LA's product support area. Here's the message from Learning Ally; try the new tutorials and let us know how they work for you. I also will be participating in  the NABS Washington Seminar on Feb. 6 to  meet you individually and continue the conversation.

Many thanks,
Annemarie Cooke
for Learning Ally

****************

January 26, 2012

Dear Member:

We value your input and feedback regarding accessibility and screen readers with Learning Ally products and services. Please know that we continually work to improve our offerings for our members.

As we work through the process, we have created an audio tutorial to assist you with getting started using our new Audiobook Manager. Each audio clip provides detailed instructions to download, install and use the online bookshelf features and is accessible while using a screen reader to download a book.

Please bookmark the link provided to help you through the download process: http://www.LearningAlly.org/959<http://tr.subscribermail.com/cc.cfm?sendto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Elearningally%2Eorg%2FTraining%2DSupport%2FLearning%2DAlly%2DBookShelf%2Dand%2DAudiobook%2DManager%2FLearning%2DAlly%2DAudiobook%2DManager%2Dscreen%2Dreader%2Daudio%2Dinstructions%2F959%2F&tempid=1042a9ae349447f08223eb6f30de375e&mailid=b9adff9ecd124e8c94c4f1a8d1df0917>

In an effort to provide even greater support we have set up a mailbox that goes directly to our Product Support Coordinator. She is an employee and long-term Learning Ally member who is blind, as well as a Learning Ally National Achievement Award winner. If you have any specific questions or feedback on accessibility and screen-readers with Learning Ally products or services, please email bvidialogue at learningally.org<mailto:bvidialogue at learningally.org>.

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to improve our service.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Turner
Customer Support Manager