[nabs-l] Sex Ed, and Missing Visual Info

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:10:59 UTC 2012

Well said, Arielle.  I would say that there are guys who send me
the wrong signals themselves and they are sighted.  I think
animals have the same instinctive knowledge we do as you said.
I'm a bit of a visual learner myself, so looking at cells is out
of the question when it comes to biology.  I wouldn't mind if
someone showed me a diagram, but doing experiments with cells and
cellular things is just not my thing.  I wanted to study marine
biology, and pulled an A in my high school bioogy class.  Boy,
the teacher was tough!  As for the sex ed stuff, you're right.
Who needs all that visual info?  But there's a way to do safe
sex, and I learned that with my current and past boyfriends.
Honestly, I should know about safe sex, and the things we know
about safe sex are limited to us because people think we're
"neutered."  I have a book about sex and disability that has a
great introduction to it.  Lots of couples share their stories in
the book, and there's a section about blindness in it that might
be interesfting if you want me to copy and send it to you via
email.  There's some interesting stuff that some blind people
actually think about sex, and they say it's a feast for the
senses.  I don't know, but I think sex ed is important, and yes,
this book covers safe sex options and then reproductive options
if the couple wants kids.
Well done, Arielle,
Beth