[nabs-l] another one in the market for a new computer

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:49:24 UTC 2012

Hi everyone.

I know there is already a thread about computers on the list, but I am
also looking for a new laptop, and I have some different requirements.
 I have had a gateway for 2 and a half years, and there are problems
with the hardware that would make it unreliable to use in school.  If
it has trouble turning on, I can't rely on it during class.  It also
freezes a lot.  I have found my Gateway easy to deal with before these
problems occured, but I definitely need something new.

I am looking for a computer with a longer battery life(more than 3
hours).  I will not buy a Dell because my previous computer was a
Dell, and it got viruses every week and froze on what felt like a
daily basis.  I need something with good memory because I run a lot of
programs at once.  I will be putting a lot of assistive technology on
it besides jaws such as Kurzweill, Duxbury, and the Dancing Dots
software.  I would love something that can last me more than two
years.  I am planning to go to computer stores and look around at the
different models before I choose, but any suggestions would be much
appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16