[nabs-l] another one in the market for a new computer

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Jul 17 09:36:38 UTC 2012

If your computer got lots of viruses, it was not because it was a
Dell but because your virus protection was inadequate, not working,
not updated, or you were doing bad things that attracted viruses.

A computer locking up can be a hardware problem, the fault of the
Dell, or most likely a software problem.  If you had lots of viruses,
it is almost guaranteed that this is why it froze.

I am not saying Dell is perfect, no computer is, but people need to
separate apples from oranges when blaming something.

Be sure you get a computer with enough memory and processor speed to
do what you want, at least 4 gigabytes of memory, I would
recommend.  And ... it is going to be hard to find something with
huge amounts of battery life, computers are not like Braille Notes or
Pac Mates where you can get 30 hours of battery life.

Dave