[nabs-l] another one in the market for a new computer

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:12:22 UTC 2012

Hi all.  Thanks for the recommendations...

I just had a very very bad experience with my Dell...  The viruses
were only part of the problem, and yes, my antivirus software wasn't
working well, and when I tried to put new software on the computer, it
wouldn't let me.  I also went through 2 batteries and 2 power chords
trying (unsuccessfully) to get the thing to charge.  I also had
abnormal amounts of trouble connecting the computer to the internet.
I had friends helping me fix this computer, and even the techiest ones
could not handle it.

So, no more Dell for me.  Yes, some of the problems weren't due to the
Dell because it was a Dell, but I decided after that horrible
experience that I was done with Dell.  So now looking forward...

How large is an extended battery?  Is that what you called it?  Thanks
for the memory advice.  Four gigs of memory sounds good.  I just want
something with 5 hours or so of battery, and I don't know if that's
possible out of the box.  Thanks again.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16