[nabs-l] LWSB Little Rock Employment Training Programs

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:05:01 UTC 2012

Hi all,
As I see it, the job training at this center is probably its only
strong point. You have to remember, though, that most people are going
to live on campus unless they have family or friends in Arkansas that
they can stay with, so they can commute every day. If not, what are
they going to do, find an apartment, only to vacate it in 6 months? I
don't think so, it doesn't work that way. flexible leases aren't that
easy to come by. So honestly, its a shame that the center is as badly
run as it is. I considered going there myself for the computer
networking certification, but changed my mind after hearing stories
very similar to the opinions that have been expressed here. As I said,
it's definitely a shame that this is the only center that has such a
good track record with placing the blind in profitable employment.
Other centers should exist for this purpose as well. For one place to
carry all the load is a little unfair. Considering how high the
unemployment rate for the blind is, imagine how much farther along we
would get if even several states had a center of this nature.