[nabs-l] Good vs. Not-so-good Training Centers

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 23:54:02 UTC 2012

Agreed. Is there any reason why a center needs to keep up with
students' whereabouts any more than a college dorm needs to keep up
with its residents' whereabouts? One could argue that if a college
student gets hurt, the university or dormitory could be held liable
for that as well.
When I lived in the dorm I think we were required to sign out or at
least tell our dorm residential advisor (RA) if we were leaving for an
extended period, like a weekend or vacation. This seemed fair to me
and I always abided by that rule. But I would never want to live
somewhere where I had to let an authority figure know every time I
wanted to head to the grocery store, friend's house, bar or anywhere
else for just a few hours.
If a center student doesn't show up to class, or a roommate reports
them missing, then the staff will attempt to track the student down.
Best,
Arielle