[nabs-l] meeting results and what to do to get a working computerfor college

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 24 12:46:33 UTC 2012

Desiree,
I am not strong in math and science. We all need some assistance in some
areas; for my brother it was writing and english. For me, it was math and
science. I'm not sure where these ideas come from. Like Tyler, I feel that
tutoring can be helpful unless you struggle in major classes; then change
majors. Otherwise
get a tutor to get through a difficult class or two. Undergrad requires so
many gen ed classes
that all people struggle in something. In my school at least, tutors were
employed by the school and had to have references for it. Not only that,
they had to have taken the class in which they tutored and gotten an A or B.
They are some of the best in their subjects; most really enjoy tutoring; if
they did not, they would probably get an easier job like information desk
assistant.
As to them thinking badly since you're blind, I highly doubt that. As others
said, students are more mature in college and I think they would tutor you
like any other student.

If you pay a private tutor, I see what you mean. You pay just as much for
the tutor as you do for the class, if not more! But, if one can afford it, I
see nothing wrong with that.
Surely, no one would think you're dumb for getting help in a few classes. I
mean all students do it. It shows some maturity to speak up and
get help in your weak areas.

Ashley