[nabs-l] Mentoring opportunity at National Convention

Hai Nguyen Ly hai at knfbreader.com
Tue Jun 5 18:10:14 UTC 2012

Greetings Nabsters:
My name is Hai Nguyen Ly and I am chairman of the NFB Research and Development Committee. I'm sending the below  message to the list on behalf of the committee and John Miller, president of the Science and Engineering Division.

Efficiency and productivity are essential in science and technology.
Do you have an idea in need of development? As we continue our ongoing search for the most elegant solutions to engineering and research questions large and small, we combine a meeting of the NFB Research and Development committee with the Science and Engineering Division to promote mentorship opportunities for students and developers of the technology of tomorrow. Please join us for an enlightening meeting featuring presentations from students and professionals and get your questions answered regarding access to science, technology, engineering, and math.
To view a copy of the agenda, please navigate to the following link:
http://goo.gl/dMJt6
In an effort to promote positive experiences for students wishing to pursue a STEM related major, the R&D Committee and the Science and Engineering Division would like to reach out to students wishing to connect with a potential mentor. We wish to collect the following information from those who would like a mentor:
Are you a current student at a college or university? If yes, please tell us the name of the college/university you are attending.
What is your current field of Study?
Do you plan to attend the joint R&D and Science and Engineering meeting July 2 in Dallas?

Interested individuals should  email their responses to the questions above to:
hai at knfbreader.com
no later than Friday June 15th.
I look forward to meeting you all in Dallas.

Cordially:
Hai Nguyen Ly, Chair
Research and Development Committee
National Federation of the Blind