[nabs-l] Gmail

Bill cassonw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:38:58 UTC 2012

Disclaimer: The information I provide if from the point of view of the
standard view, options and elements may very in the basic view.

The stars have been around for quite a while, as long as gmail has
been as far as I know.  The thing with important is fairly new, gmail
automatically determines what it thinks you find important based on
your interactions with the messages.  For example, if you always read
and reply to messages from a particular person, gmail will mark those
messages as important.  You can turn this off in the general section
of the gmail settings page.  If you want to tell gmail that it was
wrong in thinking that a message was important, open the message, at
the top of the message, right before the H1 subject line, select the
more button and arrow down to mark as not important. The same thing
can be done to mark a message as important.

As for your outlook express problem, I am assuming you are connecting
to gmail using POP3 from outlook express.  There are two places that
determine whether or not email messages are deleted from GMail.  The
first is in the gmail settings where you set up the POP3 access, there
is an option that says keep gmail's copy of messages, make sure this
is not selected.  Second, in outlook express, when you set it up,
there is also an option that says something along the lines of delete
messages from the server when downloaded.

Feel free to email me if you have more questions.
HTH,
Bill