[nabs-l] Fw: [Blindtlk] beware the inaccessible soda machines!

Zach zach2012 at chickerland.com
Mon Jun 18 22:53:00 UTC 2012

Zach Griego-Dreicer
Email: zach2012 at chickerland.com
Skype and Twitter: Chickerland
Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/chickerland or find me using this
email address.
-----Original Message-----
From: Aleeha Dudley
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:26 PM
To: blindtlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Blindtlk] beware the inaccessible soda machines!

Hello All,
This evening, I was in a Burger King and saw something that I have never
seen before. The traditional soda machine with separate buttons for each
soda as well as the ice was replaced with a system that had one spout for
all drinks and a touchscreen interface. The machine was completely
inaccessible and I had to have sighted assistance to get my drink rather
than simply asking which button corresponded to the soda that I wanted. I
was upset to see this as I believe it is a considerable step back in
mainstream accessibility. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered
these machines and if so, are there any sort of accessible options?
Thanks,

Aleeha