[nabs-l] NABS Candidates Forum Thanks!

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 03:44:48 UTC 2012

Hi All!
Thank you so so so much to all of you who participated in the
candidates' forum tonight! We had 39 callers in all! I have it on good
authority that this, once again, was the best attended NABS call of
the year.
Thanks to Scott LaBarre for doing an incredible job of moderating, and
sharing with us much wisdom. Thanks to Sean Whalen, Karen Anderson,
Darian Smith and Cindy Bennett for being such good candidates. Their
leadership is truly appreciated. Without their hard work, their
passion for the work that goes into the Federation, and their
willingness to give of their time to advance the future of blind
students, we would not be where we are today.
Just a few household type things.
1. I am attaching the list of questions which the candidates answered tonight.
2. If you were on the call tonight, feel free to contact me off list
with any thoughts, comments, or suggestions that you may have. I have
coordinated this for the last two years, and would love to get ideas
from you guys.
3. I am intending to help organize this event next year as well, and
would love, if anyone is interested in helping, to hear from you. Of
course, this is 365 days from now, so no rush. Just keep it in the
back of your mind...
Thanks again for helping this be a successful event. Share with your
friends what you thought of it! This is a forum which is meant to
stimulate positive and informed discussion among the student body. So,
don't be shy with your thoughts!

Sincerely,
Mary
--