[nabs-l] creating diagrams

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 14 17:39:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Well, as many of you said, I have mixed feelings about diagrams. I think they are one tool to help us learn.
I’m taking a I T class and learning the telecommunications cycles we discuss is visually presented. My plan is to learn both verbally and with a diagram. Fortunately, my professor will take the time after class to describe the concept and/or diagram. Not all are so willing in my experience.

I’m a regular visit in her office hours. That said, I wanted more ideas.

I can see a little so we can use a combo of tactile stuff and visual stuff. If you have vision, what contrasting markers worked? I was thinking of Mr. Sketch. Someone suggested sharpies on another list, but IMO they are not a good pick because they are permanent and smell strong. If they accidently get a mark on a table or clothes, they will not wash out.

What material can we use that is thin and flexible? Some of this concepts shows how waves go to modems or satelites.
Anyone used graphic art tape? How about plastic material from craft stores? Its usually  used for weaving or jewelry; not sure its name.

Finally, what type of paper do you make the diagram on? It occurred to me that standard white 8 1/2 x 11 paper may not be
the best as its flimsy and may not be large enough.

Thanks.

Ashley