[nabs-l] Careers in assistive technology

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 16:23:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,
gee, there are pros and cons to everywhere you go. If you do not need daily
living skills, IMO another center where you can just choose the classes you
need may be better. Sjtephanie, your reasons sound good; I say check out the
local center and then decide whether it meets your needs.
All states will pay for nfb centers Brian; it just takes persuasion. So you
asked why they will not pay; they will if you fight.

Neext, if we continue to discuss it, change subject lines. I do not think
Kayla's original question as to where to obtain education in assistive tech
was answered. My answer is that there are no dedicated programs; your best
bet is a degree in rehab teaching which means teaching daily living skills
but the rehab teacehers also now can teach some technology. another way to
show some competence is taking the jaws certification test.

Ashley