[nabs-l] iphone or mac?

Tony Olivero anthony at olivero.us
Sun May 13 04:27:39 UTC 2012

Sophie,

In a way, your decision is almost comparing apples to oranges. Your
iPhone and Apex are both  portable computing solutions, where a
computer (whether you go with a mac or a Windows based system) is a
much more powerful package. If you are a student, you are likely to
want a platform capable of intensive word processing, data
calculation, and access to research databases, just to name a few
possibilities. While portable computing platforms have come a long way
in the past ten years, they still are not a replacement for the power
and functionality you gain with a computer.

It is and will likely remain my belief for some time, necessary to
have access to a desktop or notebook computer and use the portable
solution (iPhone/BraillNote in your case) for note taking, e-mail, and
other things that you need to do while mobile, and continue to use a
computer for intensive productivity tasks.

Tony