[nabs-l] National Federation of the Blind Applauds NewJerseyRuling on Braille Instruction for Blind Child

Loren isaiah5719 at mchsi.com
Sun May 13 14:48:11 UTC 2012

Mark, Mark, Mark, Mark.  Even our sighted friends still use pen and pencil.
Maybe the truth is you are the one who has bought in to the propraganda.
Are you ashamed to admit you use braille?  Are you just as anti-cane or
anti-alternative techniques in general?  Did your sighted peers "have to
learn" print?

I have to wonder where this is coming from?  Of course there are people who
have succeeded without knowing braille.  There are many pro athletes who
cannot really read their own contracts as well.  But is this what we really
want?  Please excuse the play on words, but to not use and promote the use
of braille is extremely short-sighted.  It may be easier in the here and
now; but, in the longrun it is extremely harmful.

Loren