[nabs-l] Blind people doing community service

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sat May 19 02:33:42 UTC 2012

I think this counts, but I'm a musician, as everyone here knows.
I go out to the nursing homes, to entertain the residents, with
uplifting Gospel music.
I know it's not much, but I'm doing what I can, in this community.
This is also blindness related, because I'm assisting a blind
resident, who has finally decided, that she wants to learn Braille!
Woohoo!
I've talked about her, on another list.
We need to do outreaches like this, as blind people, to make people
more aware of us, and our issues.
Also, when the sighted individuals see that blindness isn't something
that keeps us from doing what we want to do, their perceptions of us
will change!
I'd like to know what all you guys are doing, to serve your community!
Thanks, Joshua