[nabs-l] track changes

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:50:00 UTC 2012

Hi Ashley,
When Track Changes is on, any insertions you make will be underlined,
and any deletions will be crossed out I believe. The comments appear
in a little balloon in the text margin. You can use
control-shift-apostrophe to read the comments one by one. You can also
move through the document by line, word or character and JAWS should
say "comment" when it reaches commented text. You can then move word
by word to the comment and JAWS will read it within the document.
Shift-Alt-R is the correct command to read the list of revisions; I'm
not sure why it didn't work for you.
You can also simply accept all the revisions in a document. To do so
in Word 2007 or 2010, tab through the "review" ribbon until you reach
"track changes" and then keep tabbing until you get to "accept and
move to next". Press space on that split button and arrow down to
"accept all changes in document". Then press enter and all the
revisions made by someone else will become part of your document.
Best,
Arielle