[nabs-l] iphone issue

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 03:06:19 UTC 2012

Arielle,
  If accessibility is your main concern, I'd probably suggest sticking
with IOS 5.1 until they update 6.  The new OS is about as accessible
as IOS 5 but, unfortunately, there are a few bugs that tend to get in
the way every now and again.  If you want the new features and
something that's almost as accessible as the last version, go for it.
Otherwise, if accessibility takes priority, I'd wait for a little
while.  I'm not saying the new OS isn't accessible, it's just slightly
buggier which, in my opinion, makes it nominally less accessible.

On 10/1/12, Arielle Silverman <arielle71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> In your experience, is IOS 6 an improvement over IOS5 in terms of
> accessibility or otherwise?
> I guess I'm kind of techno-lazy, but I usually don't like to install
> upgrades until I've verified that the upgrade is actually an
> improvement and that the benefits of upgrading outweigh any bugs.
> Arielle
>
> On 10/1/12, Chris Nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Gloria,
>>
>> Since you are typing in an email address, the period and at signs are
>> automatically put on the keyboard to the left of the return key, which is
>> at
>> the bottom right corner of the screen. So, if you touch the bottom right
>> corner of the screen and VoiceOver says "return," move your finger to the
>> left until you touch a key and VoiceOver says "at." Then simply double
>> tap
>> on it and it will be typed in. If you need to type an at sign and you're
>> not
>> in a screen in which the at sign is automatically put on the keyboard,
>> double tap the "more, numbers" key at the bottom left corner of the
>> screen,
>> then move your finger to the right until you touch the at sign, then
>> double
>> tap it. Good luck with your new iPhone!
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Chris