[nabs-l] ACT SAT testing logistics

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:57:30 UTC 2012

  Hi All,
I took the PLAN (Pre-SAT) yesterday & am taking the PSAT on
Wednesday.  I'm
the first braille-using student in our district to take these
tests.
I would like to know about your experiences taking the ACT and
SAT and
their pretests.
1.  First, I wanted to know if you had any trouble with graphics
or
diagrams.  When I took the pre ACT yesterday, I had a bar graph
in which
the bars were all very short and exactly the same size, and I had
another
graph which was not clearly labelled.
2.  Next, I'd like to know who proctored your test.  Did you have
a VI
teacher or a member of the school staff do it?
3.  How involved was your VI teacher in getting materials for
you? For the
PLAN I only got a print copy of pretest materials.
4.  How much clarification could the proctor give? I had been
specifically
told that I can't ask the proctor for any clarifications, but it
seemed
like for some of the graphics, not all the information was there
or
presented properly in the braille version.
Thank you so much.
Vejas