[nabs-l] Getting Drivers?

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:20:58 UTC 2012

It depends on the company, but many allow their drivers to be
independent contractors, meaning they can do business with individual
customers directly without having to go through the dispatching
system. That means the driver can negotiate a regular rate with you
and you can call the driver directly to schedule rides.
If you are being picked up at a house, hotel, etc. you can ask that
the cab driver come up to the door or call you to let you know they
are there. If catching a cab on the street or in front of a business,
I usually wait until a car stops in front of me, then wait for them to
yell that they're a taxi, but if they don't, I'll come up and just ask
if it's a cab. You can also tell the driver or dispatcher on the phone
that you are blind and need to be sure the driver identifies him or
herself.
Arielle