[nabs-l] Sharing folders on Dropbox

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:44:27 UTC 2012

I use Dropbox a lot and therefore share folders regularly. I was
curious if there was a workaround for JAWS users. I feel like this
used to be accessible, but recently, as in during the last year, I
have had problems.

When I right click on a folder and click the Dropbox menu and further
click to share the folder, Firefox opens. I am directed to the Dropbox
page. I can get as far as a list of my Dropbox folders to share.
However, I am unable to select folders within folders. Also, the
second time I tried to select a parent folder, the next button
wouldn't activate which leads me to believe that nothing was selected.
So selecting folders is difficult in this web browser.

When I manually go to the site through IE, I am able to select even
folders within folders to share. I can type in email addresses. But I
cannot click the share button to actually share the folder.

Sharing is not an option through the Dropbox app or through the mobile
site on Safari.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Cindy