[nabs-l] Powerpoint presentation

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 22 00:31:40 UTC 2012

Peter,
Well, keep in mind  you do not have access to jaws. I've been in many
college classrooms at more than on institution since I opted to transfer.
In  class the class pc does NOT! have a screen reader. Moreover, I contend
that
hearing it will actually slow you down. As I said before you cannot advance
the slides without jaws as you do not know what slide you are on.
You will have access to a person whether a professor or fellow classmate.
Your tone suggests we are not doing it right if we do it with assistance;
actually part of independence  is getting assistance.
I will present at my internship and know what? The conference room does not
have jaws. Again, no conference room in the building has jaws.
SO I will get someone to turn slides and I'm still presenting professionally
and independently because I have notes of my own and will say "next" when
the slide needs turning. I am in control so I am independentent.

You could bring a laptop with jaws to school I suppose, but why do that when
you have access to people who can turn slides. Whatever works best for the
person. Personally, I'd rather read my notes and focus on my speech and
points rather than listen to jaws and be concerned with what it is saying to
me.

Ashley