[nabs-l] screen magnifiers

Lavonya Gardner hotdancer1416 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 02:54:45 UTC 2012

Hi to this is for the person doing the talk on blindness ad visual imparement. my name is Lavonnya. I have to use a combonation of n v d a and zoom text on my laptop, and voiceover and the creen inlargment on my Ipad. I need both, for a few reasons. For short things that that I need to read on my ipad, such as messages on tango and voxer,  bt for things that r not that big, like skype, and for longer things like email. I use voiceover.. I can only c out of 1 eye, so I need both, a screen reader and an inlarger. when i am workking on my book, i use NVDA  and zoom text. and they work very well together.  i have only seen majic one time, so i do not know a lot aout that program. i have played with the magnifire on s a mobil, and with the magnifere that comes with most standard computers, and i really do not like them at all. they only show not even half of he screen. with zoom text, i can use the mouse. gogle plus seems to be the only thing that zoom text has a tantrum about. there is a zoom feeture on my communication device. i use a dynavox series 5. it has a zoom feture on it, but it react the same way, it will not go full screen. that really sucks. so i have to us NVDA there as well. i find that if i use both a screen reader and a screen inlarger, i do better, than if i just use 1 or the other. tell me if this makes sense, if not, i will re word it.  1 more hing. i usee a large screen t t y. that is great do not need the speach or the braille with it.
HOPE THIS HELPS
LaVonnya.

Sent from my iPad