[nabs-l] {Disarmed} Fw: NYLN 2013 Governing Board Applications Now Available!

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 21:20:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, 9/7/12, National Youth Leadership Network <kristenejones at utexas.edu> wrote:

From: National Youth Leadership Network <kristenejones at utexas.edu>
Subject: NYLN 2013 Governing Board Applications Now Available!
To: anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Date: Friday, September 7, 2012, 1:30 PM

2013 NYLN Governing Board Applications Now Available!

Apply to serve on the NYLN Governing Board!

Reminder: Learn more about NYLN and what serving on our Board includes by attending an informational call on September 10th, 7pm EST.

The call in info is: Phone: (866)200-5786     PIN#: 2867077

The National Youth Leadership Network (NYLN) is accepting applications for our Governing Board (GB). NYLN is a membership-run organization. This means our members lead the work we do.

What does the Governing Board do?
GB members are NYLN's organizational leaders. They make decisions for NYLN and are often the leaders in NYLN projects. Examples of GB responsibilities include:

Serving on at least one committee;
Representing NYLN in coalitions and at conferences;
Building collaboration with other organizations;
Recruiting new members; and
Finding ways for NYLN to be active in your local community.

What is the time commitment like?
Serving on the GB involves an average of two meetings a month. Meetings happen by phone or in an online chatroom. GB members spend about 15 hours a month on NYLN.

Requirements for serving on the Governing Board:

Be between 14 and 28 years old
Have a disability
Live in the United States or its territories
Have a passion for social justice, and
Believe in and practice full-inclusion.

NYLN is a cross-disability organization. This means we are made up of people with all kinds of disabilities. Anyone with any kind of disability is welcome to apply.

A downloadable application can be found in both Word and PDF format by going to:
http://www.nyln.org/get-involved-2/apply-for-leadership-position/

Important dates:

Learn more about NYLN and what serving on our Board includes by attending an informational call on September 10th, 7pm EST.

The call in info is: Phone: (866)200-5786     PIN#: 2867077

Applications for the Board must be postmarked by Monday, September 17, 2012.

Applicants will be notified of selection no later than September 30, 2012.

The first Board call for those who are selected will be October 17 at 7pm EST. More information will be sent to selected members prior to this date.

If you have questions, please contact either of the following:

Jessica Croner, President, jessica.croner at gmail.com
Betsy Valnes, Executive Director, betsy.valnes at gmail.com,
866-480-6565, ext. 1

The National Youth Leadership Network (NYLN) is a youth-driven, youth-led organization. We work to build power and community among young people with disabilities. We are a formal non-profit. Please visit our website, www.nyln.org, for more information.

Forward this email

This email was sent to anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com by kristenejones at utexas.edu |
National Youth Leadership Network | PO Box 5908 | Bethesda | MD | 20824