[nabs-l] Book on common writing/spelling errors

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Mon Sep 17 13:49:19 UTC 2012

Hi all - thought I'd pass along this information on a book National Braille
Press published over the summer (so some may have missed it). The book idea
came about when we started chatting about the various homophone errors we
see in our work-related emails. I thought this would be especially
interesting to students and others who spend a good amount of time writing!

Best,
Tony Grima for National Braille Press

A Writer's Companion: A Pocket Book of Homophones
In braille and eBraille: $10.00

"Keep our Second Amendment: The Right to Bare Arms!"

We notice quite a few interesting spelling errors on blogs, list servs, and
emails from our customers - especially homophone errors (unrelated words
that sound alike but are spelled differently). So we pulled together 400
commonly confused homophones for our favorite customers. Our Writer's
Companion also contains a color chart, some helpful transitional phrases,
like "which is to say...," and lots of other good stuff. We saved one email
that didn't bother us at all:   "NBP, I think you're grate!"

Order at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/WRITERS.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html.