[nabs-l] sending large files through email

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Sep 17 19:57:00 UTC 2012

Gloria,

E-mail servers often impose limits on the sizes of files that can be attached.  Some servers limit how big the file can be to send,
and others also limit how large a file can be received.  There isn't one single number for all circumstances, though.  Some servers
will block anything over 5MB, though, but others may allow larger files.

If you have a file that is too large, you will need to look at a service like SENDSPACE which will let you upload a file and then
send the other person a link.  If you have DROPBOX, you can also use that to create a link to be sent in an e-mail.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:56:08 -0500, Gloria G wrote:

>hi all,
>I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to send large files through in an email? I have tried zipping the files nad
sending it through but it doesn't seem to be giong. Thanks