[nabs-l] social norms: how we can fit in with sighted societyatsocial gatherings

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 17:08:30 UTC 2012

Honestly...I don't really give a damn what word we all use.  If you
want to say "hey...I listen to TV," it's no skin off my back.  If you
want to say "hear you later," it doesn't really hurt me, even though
it might make you look odd in certain situations.  (but sometimes
looking odd can be good, I guess...to lots of people it looks very odd
when I cross a street, and I definitely like not conforming to that
particular social norm about blind people, so who am I to judge?)
It's kind of like how Thomas jefferson said it Neither picked his
pocket nor broke his leg" if his neighbors believed in one god or
twenty gods.  Say whatever words you want, it doesn't really affect my
ability to do the same.
  Best,
Kirt