[nabs-l] Living in New York City

wmodnl wmodnl wmodnl at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:23:55 UTC 2013

Within Manhattan:
Streets (not avenues) go east to west.
Evens east, ods west.
Some exceptions apply: 59TH goes east, to accommodate the queens burrow Bridge, AKA 59TH Street bridge.
Also, any 2-way cross town street:
23RD, 79, or 34 and others will have a cross-town bus.
Regarding avenues:
Od ones go north, even ones south.
Here is the order, from east to west:
FDR drive, a highway for cars, no foot traffic.
East end, in some areas only(up-town) 2-way.
York, from 57-92-- 2-way, has bus M31.
1ST, 1-way, north-bound
2ND, south-bound, major construction as a result of the new 2ND avenue subway being built.
3RD, 1-way, north.
Lexington, southbound, 1-way.
Park:
2-way, has a divider within the middle.
Mattason, 1-way, northbound starts at 23RD.
5TH:
1-way, southbound.
6Th:
1-way, northbound.
It is also known as avenue of the america's.
Note, I did not mention broadway since, it is before 5TH, depending upon the section of the city you are in.  Others existas:
broadway, Amsterdam, Columbus, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12TH.
After, is the Henry Hutson Parkway, AKA the west-side highway.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad