[nabs-l] Wanted to share my experience living at Friedman Place, a supportive living community for blind adults in Chicago

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:40:27 UTC 2013

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's because 22 is the oldest you can
be before you legally have to finish high school and stop getting a
lot of school-related disability services. Most of us graduate earlier
than that, but students who are in certain special ed programs are
often encouraged to (or choose to) stay as long as they can, and by
their 22nd birthday they have to leave school and begin somewhere
else. I'm guessing Friedman is kind of designed to pick up where those
school services left off.
Arielle

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/samnelson1%40veriz

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/joltingjacksandefu