[nabs-l] the test accomodations

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 27 17:21:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,

As finals approach, I wanted to know what test accomodations you get. Do you feel they are adaquate and meet your needs?
If you need a reader and person to scribe your answers on a scantron, how are they? Are they competent readers?

I’m going through a discriminatory situation now. Most my readers were incompetent but I got around that by asking them to speak slower and repeat things; I mean they could not speak all that clearly and read fast and spoke to the paper not articulately to me. Many exams I took with jaws to avoid this; I feel this way is slower for me and a reader can directly mark my answers on a scantron as well as go back to questions I missed. If I need a reader scribe I should be given a competent reader.

I’ll tell more about this specific test issue in another message.

Look forward to seeing your responses.

Ashley