[nabs-l] which graduate program

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 3 14:41:38 UTC 2013

Hi Kelsey,

   If at all possible, I would urge you to visit the campuses of
both of the in-person schools you're considering.  Not only will
this help you judge the safety/convenience of their
neighborhoods, but you'll also be able to have conversations with
students, gauge the atmosphere of the school, and maybe even meet
with a professor or two in your field.  Whether or not you can
visit, I'd urge you to contact the chair or administrative
assistant of your potential department to ask them to connect you
with a few current students, and I'd ask each school's disability
services program if there is a blind student you can speak to,
since it sounds like you have some accessibility-related
questions.

   Also, if you don't mind my asking, have you already applied
and been accepted to all three schools? If your question is which
school to apply to rather than which school to attend, I'd
consider applying to all three and seeing which ends up offering
you the best financial aid package.  Grad school is expensive, so
this is often a factor that applicants take into account.

Good luck with your decision!

Lucy