[nabs-l] Trying to read braille

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 5 03:26:40 UTC 2013

Anna,
this would be tough. What is causing this tendenitis? Do you play sports or
something that irritated your muscles?
Typing may do this often if your typing is a lot but braille reading should
not. I've never heard of braille reading causing tendenitis.

Anyway, I wouldn't jepordize my hands for braille reading. I'd read less and
take frequent breaks if it were me.
I love braille and yes do learn better using it not just speech.
But if I were in pain, I'd use it for the most essential stuff.

Why not try reading with one hand? I know I can do this.
I wonder if your hand technique is optimal with braille reading. Remember
braille is best read with the pads of the fingers. You don't have to lay
your palms on the page to read. Maybe you could get a wrist support or
something like that when reading.

I'd say stretching your wrists is important too which seems like
you are already doing.

Good luck.

Ashley