[nabs-l] question about summer camp

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sun Aug 11 09:34:28 UTC 2013

Hi, Joe,

         Please, spare us the knee-jerk response to the word
retarded. I mean, I have brain damage, therefore my thinking works in
a retarded manner, that's all. so please, I enjoy being called
retarded, blind, short, a Honkee.
And, if anyone get's freaky about such terminology, I'll remind you
of how, being blind and dealing with the myriad ramifications that
come with it, is far more potentially offensive than a term. So,
could you get over yourself, and realize that what ever may be the
specter around which people construct a sugar coat, or solinization,
it is most likely far worse than the condition  itself. So, let's not
mince words and, I am not hiding. I love questions, as I am of a full
throttled belief that much of people's frustration is because they
are curious about others, yet haven't the nerve to just ask about the
source of curiosity.