[nabs-l] Google Drive accessibility

Bryan Jones opensesame at me.com
Thu Aug 15 02:14:38 UTC 2013

Hi Merlyn -- I have 4suggestions:
1. When I simply want to read a Google Doc, I use my iPhone or iPad. I've had success reading these documents using the Google Drive App on my IOS devices, though editing such documents under IOS still leaves much to be desired.
2. Review Google's instructions for using various screen readers with Docs. This can be found here: http://www.google.com/accessibility/products/
3. If you haven't already done so, install the Google Drive App for your particular operating system(s). This will allow your device(s) to sync your Google Drive files locally and it adds a folder into your Finder/File Manager which makes it easier to manage and work with these files. The drive App for Mac and Windows can be downloaded from the drive.google.com website. The App for IOS and Android devices can be found in their respective App Stores.
4. As someone else mentioned, consider installing Chrome and the ChromeVox TTS extension. This will mean learning another set of screen reader commands.

HTH,
Bryan