[nabs-l] Internship Opportunities for a future TVI

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:27:01 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I am starting to look into internship opportunities for next summer.
My major is Special Euon, and I plan on going on to get my Master's in
 Special Education of the Blind, to become a TVI specializing in
Braille and access technology, s I realy want a relevant internship.
The past three years, I have helped in some fashion (this year, it was
just as a field trip coordinator since I went to guide dog school
while the retreat was happening) with a college transition retreat for
blind and low vision students. I have really loved the experience and
hope to be a Senior Group Leader for next summer's retreat. However, I
am looking for other opportunities. The ones I have thought of are:
*DSS at one of the local universities
*Summer program at an NFB training center
*Technology center at NFB Headquarters in Baltimore
*Summer program at Governor Moorehead School for the Blind (Raleigh, NC)

I'm not sure how to go about inquiring and applying for internships,
so would like any advice on that. I also would be grateful for any
other suggestions of places to apply as an intern. I  understand that
it is like applying for a job: the more you apply, the more likely
you'll get a  position. So, any advice or suggestions?
~Jewel