[nabs-l] PDF converter

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:12:03 UTC 2013

Hi Tamika.  I use Kurzweil which can open pdf documents, then I can
either convert them to audio format to listen to on my NLS advanced
player, or I can save them in txt format then I can read them either
on my victor stream, or plextalk pocket.  Also, one thing you must
consider what source did your pdf document come from.  Was it a
scanned document that was originally text, or is it an image of a
scanned document. Pdf documents that were originally taken from
pictures, are not good for kurzweil.  I used Kurzweil, to open and
read a short pdf document, in my online geology course.  If you have a
victor stream, you might also try using the humanware companion which
can find pdf documents, and convert a pdf document to text then
transfer it to the $VRtxt folder.  Tamika, I hope I have helped you in
some way.  Please write back to the list and let us know how you make
out.  Also, openbook can also open and read pdf documents.