[nabs-l] Some Questions About Attending College

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 19:58:02 UTC 2013

Hi Lizzy.  What I used to do, was purchase my textbook from the
college bookstore, and give the book and receipt to my disability
support office.  The receipt was to show proof of purchase.  Then my
disability support office would scan the book or books I needed using
kurzweil.  Then I would get the book on cd in mp3 format.  I know now
my DS office uses dolphin reader and can put the books in daisy
format.  I wouldn't be charged anything to have my DS office scan the
books I needed.  At least for me, my textbooks were scanned and
proofed very well.  Good luck.  I would also agree that if you're
looking for a notetaker for college the braille-sense u2 would be your
best bet.  I'm going to see if my REHAB office will get me one.