[nabs-l] Braille Music

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 24 17:22:04 UTC 2013

Hello:

     I have a Master's Degree in Voice and also teach voice. I am a soprano as well and sing in two or three choirs, depending on
the time of year. I also do as much solo work as possible. I would really like to learn Braille music. I read Braille at 300 words
per minute and I have helped people improve their Braille reading speeds, but when I look at Braille music, what I feel is what the
letter is supposed to be in real Braille and not in Braille music. For instance, I feel dots 1, 4, 5, and my brain instantly says D
and not eight note C. I did all of my college work by ear and got high grades doing it, but I know Braille music would be of
benefit. Sandra, how do you get your brain to turn off recognizing Braille as Braille and get it to recognize Braille music, since
the symbols are the same? I hope this question is clearer than mud!!

Merry Christmas from
Terri and Nick Wilcox