[nabs-l] When NFB philosophy doesn't seem to work... advice?

Dave Webster dwebster125 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 23:01:16 UTC 2013

Hi Katie.  My name is Dave.  I'm from California.  It actually sounds like
this girl may have a problem with depression.  I have bipolar and a long
while back I've done the same thing with people.  One of the things that
happens is when a person is going into a crisis with depression what happens
is they try to find a person who they totally feel comfortable with.  When
they find that person that usually is the only person that they'll talk to.
They won't talk to anyone else.  I've done that with people.  I try not to
but at times it just happens.  What to do about it?  That's a hard one.  I
don't think there is an easy answer.  Probably the best thing you can do is
to continue to be her friend.  I know how it is when you're depressed
believe me.  When my grandma died in January I was talking to this person
who I had met online and it sort of was the same thing but reversed in that
I was calling her a lot but the only difference was we were kind of involved
with eachother.  She eventually broke off the relationship.  It wasn't so
much me and what I was doing.  She knew I was going through a lot but she
had a mental illness as well so.  If you want you can mailm me off list and
we could talk about this more.  But.  Yea unfortunately there is not an easy
answer to this o		ne.