[nabs-l] New on the list

Ari Damoulakis aridamoulakis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 07:13:31 UTC 2013

Hi Shelby
To add to what Kaiti and Ashley are saying, if you want to do the
notetaker thing, its a good idea to join the lists and read the
mannuals, and see the units of the notetakers. For us as students,
look especially at the word processor and the diary. Also, if you are
studying a second language, from what I've heard Braille Sense and
Braille Note are better than Pac Mate. I had a friend who was doing
French, and he tells me the pac mate's second language braille
capabilities are terrible compared to the other models. Indeed he
exchanged his pac mate for a braille note, because he said the French
braille he wanted to type was truer on that than the pac mate. I'm not
sure in what way, this is just what he told me.