[nabs-l] New on the list

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:46:52 UTC 2013

Dear Shelby,
First, about textbooks. I look for my textbooks on learning Ally book share and MLS in that order. If I cannot find my text books in any of those locations, then I go to my disability support services on my college campus and request that the book be scanned. I request that they scan it because they are scanning technology is better and because they have more time for scanning.
As for browed displays, I use a focus 40 blue for two types of classes. First, I insist on using a braille display for math classes If the textbook is available only as a word document. Second, I like to use my bro display for foreign-language classes. This allows me to learn spelling and grammar along with the actual vocabulary. I also enjoy using my braille display to read literature stories when I have the time.
--Jewel

Sent from my iPhone