[nabs-l] Printers

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-nabs-l at pcdesk.net
Mon Feb 18 00:52:21 UTC 2013

Ok, well, if you want something cheaper I would be happy to help you
find something. However, just as an opening suggestion, I have a Cannon
MF4370DN that I'm happy with. It's a fax/copier/scanner/laser printer.
It's designed for use in office environments, so it has reasonable speed
and high resolution for both scanning and printing. You have to install
their drivers to make it work, so if you're using Linux it's not a good
choice. Under Windows, however, it works great. It has USB as well as
built in network capability if you want that. You might need a little
help with the initial setup, but after that all of the configuration and
such can be done through its web interface. The buttons on the device
itself are laid out logicly so you can learn them with relative ease. If
you don't  want the networking capability, they also sell the MF4350D
which is the same device but without the networking ability. The
network-able model, last time I checked, sold for about $200.
Joe