[nabs-l] Paycheck question

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 00:49:49 UTC 2013

Alexa,
I suggest using someone sighted you trust. I'd first calculate my paycheck
amount by multiplying number of hours times the wage. For instance, 15 hours
times 8 dollars an hour.
So 15 times 8.
This equals 120. So this is 120 dollars without taxes taken out. If you are
good at math, compute the taxes too. To do this, find out the percent of tax
rate and multiply that by your full pay amount.
For instance lets say 20 percent was taxed. That is .2 as a decimal. So the
equation is .2 times 120.
That equals 24. Then subtract the taxes amount from the total pay.

This gives you an idea of what your  check should be. Then you will get your
check in the mail or hr will hand it to you. BTW, I've had both happen in
summer jobs. If mailed, ask someone at home. As a college student, hopefully
you have good relationships with family. Ask them to be a reader for you. If
its handed to you at work, it should be in a sealed envelope.
Ask the hr representative to tell you the amount. But, sometimes, employers
do automatic deposit. in that case, check your balance via phone. You will
get a list of deposits there.

If you work the same amount of hours weekly, you should be able to easily
calculate your monthly income before your checks arrive; I do this for
planning purposes when I've worked.
Simply take your weekly salary and times by four, since four weeks per
month.
If you don't work the same amount, you can still add it up, but you will
need to add it week by week. You can do this in excel or via a calculator.

Ashley