[nabs-l] Recommended apps for the I-phone

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 06:49:38 UTC 2013

Lavonya, this isn't a complete list of apps for the blind--it's
just the ones I use and am most familiar with.
Aid Colors: very accurate color identifier
Looktell Money Reader: Again, very accurate.
Saytext: This is an OCR scanner for the iPhone.
RizWiz: This app is cool because it's run by live people, not a
computer. You snap a picture of the object you want to identify,
then record a question. Picture and question are sent to a living
person, who then answers it. This allows you to get more specific
with your question than you could with a computer-run app.
I would like to know of any GPS apps that do turn by turn
navigation because I'm not very good at getting around and will
need that. Hope this helps, and hope everyone had a good New
Year's Eve!